RHIZOME is the ICON community’s content creation and marketing machine, and our mission is to make ICON known. Our team is comprised of some of the leading content creators in the ICON community, and our goal is to position ICON as one of the most talked about crypto projects in the space. To do this, we will create and market ICON-related content on a consistent basis, as well as work with third party media outlets to draw nearer towards ICON’s goal of hyperconnecting the world.as well as connect with third party outlets to share the ICON story.
A rhizome has no beginning or end; it is always in the middle, between things, interbeing, intermezzo. The tree is filiation, but the rhizome is alliance, uniquely alliance. The tree imposes the verb “to be” but the fabric of the rhizome is the conjunction, “and … and …and…“This conjunction carries enough force to shake and uproot the verb “to be.” Where are you going? Where are you coming from? What are you heading for? These are totally useless questions. - Mille Plateaux, Gilles Deleuze & Felix Guattari
The quote above, which appears in the opening pages of ICON’s whitepaper, is what inspired us to name our P-Rep team RHIZOME. Over the long term, we believe education and awareness are crucial to ICON’s success. Thus, we have formed a team of content creation and marketing specialists to increase awareness of the ICON project through various content mediums. For our P-Rep proposal, we have made the conscious decision to not hide behind buzzwords, and instead present items that are realistic and immediately actionable in plain English. Our team is comprised of members who have been involved in the ICON community since the very beginning, and we would like the opportunity to take our work one step further by securing a P-Rep position.
Motivation of the Proposal
As stated earlier, education and awareness are the key to success. In order for the ICON project to succeed as a community-driven project, we must put in the work to make people aware. After people are aware of the project, we must proceed to educate them about the ICON ecosystem. Historically, ICON hasn’t maintained a clear content marketing strategy. Thus, we would like to secure a P-Rep position to build up the social influence of the ICON project.
Execution Plan of the Proposal
Saturation of Content Mediums
- William and Brian, two of the top contributing writers in the ICON community, will shift to part-time positions as content writers covering ICON. For written content, we will focus heavily on search engine optimization for key ICON-related terms such as “interoperability” and “decentralized identification service” to boost ICON’s association with these terms in Google search rankings.
- David from Mineable.com will create monthly update videos about the ICON project. Over the long term, we also intend to make more in-depth videos about specific topics once we have a better idea of the budget we’re working with.
- Chris will monitor the domestic presence of ICON in South Korea, and will provide Korean translations for written and video content produced by RHIZOME.
- Brian will travel to select conferences attended by the ICON team equipped with professional-level audio and video equipment. The goal here is to provide the ICON community and the industry as a whole with professionally shot and edited content.
- We also intend to assist both other P-Reps and ICON Foundation in content production and marketing needs as best we can.
Business Development & Community Involvement
- Naxy will work on reaching out to third-party publications (both crypto and non-crypto) to pitch story ideas about ICON. The goal here is to build a more comprehensive link profile for the ICON project with regard to our target keywords.
- We intend to open two RHIZOME Telegram channels. The first one will be a general chat and announcement channel where community members are free to discuss anything ICON-related. The second channel will be an invite-only channel for community members looking to contribute content creation and campaign ideas. We intend to set aside a percentage of our staking rewards to incentivize community members who execute on well thought out proposals with visible results.
- With team members in USA, Canada, Japan, and South Korea, we have the benefit of an internationally diverse team. After we get our online strategy rolling, we plan to move into offline outreach by attending local conferences and organizing meetups.
Expected Timeline of the Proposal
Below is our expected timeline for this proposal.
- Get familiar with ICON node software and how it works on Google Cloud Platform.
- Launch RHIZOME social channels on Twitter, Telegram, and Medium.
- Design and launch RHIZOME website.
- Preliminary keyword research to gauge competitiveness for SEO.
- Internal team discussions regarding content roadmap.
September 2019 (if elected)
- Commence content creation strategy highlighted above.
We embrace community involvement and engagement and would like to hear from you. If you would like to discuss content ideas pertaining to the ICON ecosystem, please feel free to connect and react out to us on our various social channels. Embark with us on our mission to help hyperconnect the world.
Website: https://rhizomeicx.comEmail: email@example.comTwitter: https://twitter.com/rhizomeicxTelegram: https://t.me/RhizomeICX